I will soon return home from my trip in Germany. I have some questions about tax refund. 1) it is said that tax can be refunded only with short-term tourist visa or business visa but tax cannot be refunded with work visa and student visa. Is that right? 2) If I pay for more than 25 euros in Germany, can I get a tax refund if I buy the chocolate?

Netizen 2 years 2 Answers 337 views 0

Answers ( 2 )

  1. 1. Basically yes. But for those permanently leaving Germany, it is also refundable for three months before leaving Germany (and possibly three months before the expiry of the visa) if they provide proof of residence cancellation. 2. You can. However, it is better to go shopping in the store which can provide the tax-refund form.

  2. Thank you for your detailed answers.

Leave an answer